What is OK-TEDP?
The Oklahoma Telecommunications Equipment Distribution Program (OK-EDP) provides TTYs and other adaptive equipment to Oklahomans with Hearing loss and speech disabilities who require special equipment to access the telephone system from their Local and\or Long Distance Telecommunication carriers.
Qualifying individuals may receive services and assistive equipment at little or no cost.
Check it out and see which equipment is right for your communication needs. Learn how to harness the power of Oklahoma Relay and improve your quality of life.
- Be a resident of the State of Oklahoma.
- Be 60 years of age or older for the hearing aid program.
- Provide verification (proof) of: Hearing or speech impairment (Not required for hearing aid program): loss severe enough to require use of TTY or amplifier to use the telephone.
- List any other contributing disability (i.e. blindness, visual impairment, physical disability, etc.) This must be verifiable.
- Be on limited income.
- Requests for Captioned Telephones (CapTel) require an audiogram.
What Type of Equipment is Available?
- Large visual display (LVD) TTYs
- Captioned telephones (CapTel)
- Amplified telephones
- Voice Carry-Over telephones
- Hearing Carry-Over telephones
How to apply to get an adaptive equipment?
You can visit the OK-TEDP website to download application forms.
Click here to visit the website.